Do you enjoy working with children? Ready to work in a friendly & supportive environment?
We are now recruiting term time Play Workers, with the potential for holiday club hours.
Our Playworkers care and supervise the children, making sure they are safe and happy, and should expect to play alongside the children and ensure that they have the best possible time during our care. We are looking for like minded people to join our growing team.
If you are interested in any of the positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 07793 441962 We’d love to hear from you.
All posts are covered by the Childcare Act 2006 and are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure for a regulated activity and reference checks. Kudize Club Ltd aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Play Worker (permanent position, two positions available)
Setting : Hassocks Infant School & The Windmills Junior School
Salary : Up to £11.62 per hour (qualified)
Hours : 2.30pm – 5.30pm, Mon – Fri, term time at Hassocks Infant School
3.00pm – 5.00pm, Mon – Thurs, term time at The Windmills Junior School
Our preferred candidates will have:
- Passion for working with children
- Experience preferred, but not essential, as training can be provided
- Enthusiasm and ability to engage in all manner of activities, including sports, and both indoor and outdoor play
Individual and Team Responsibilities:
- To engage children and make the time in the club fun for all
- Assist with meals/snack times
- Ensure health and safety/safeguarding standards are met
- Liaise with parents and school
- Ensure high quality childcare is being provided at all times
- Have emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- Ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of the children at all times
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience working with children 4 -12 yrs
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Good timekeeping and organisation skills
- Ability to build trust and strong working relationships with colleagues and parents
- Minimum of two-years’ experience in a similar role (preferred)
- Level 2 Playwork or higher or Level 2 Childcare and Education or higher (preferred)
- First aid qualification (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of safeguarding practice (preferred)
- Training in behaviour management (preferred)